Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Farecast calls for sun, with a high in the....

As a man who reads travel guides for fun and buys them even if I've never visited the place, I definitely have to check out Farecast.com. This site is supposed to be able to predict whether or not the price of an airfare will rise or fall over the next seven days. I decided to give it a try. I'm thinking of going to New York in November for Veteran's Day weekend so I figured I'd see what the going rate for a plane ticket is right now. According to Farecast, the best fare is about $350 right now. I take a look at the "7-Day Low Fare Prediction". It's telling me to wait to buy and that there's an 80% probability that fares will drop. I remember checking a few weeks ago on Orbitz and the fares were in the $400s, which means fares are dropping. Farecast must be right! How cool is that? So easy, so fun, and so useful, especially when my money is on the line.

Farecast seems to me like it would be more useful than Priceline, but Farecast doesn't have...WILLIAM SHATNER!



P.S. How on Earth did Technorati win for Best Blog Guide?! That site is impossible to use! Kathy, back me up on this one!

1 comment:

Kgreer said...

I DO back you up. Technorati was a big disappointment to me, but I also forgot (temporarily) how to add a comment so it might be me. No, it's technorati. :)